Skip to content
- Scope of Nursing practice encompasses provision of Promotive, Preventive, Curative and Rehabilitative aspect of care to people across their life span in wide variety of health care settings. Practice of Nursing is based upon application of basic concepts and principles derived from the Physiological, Biological and Behavioral Sciences, Medicine & Nursing.
- This programme provides a solid foundation for continuing professional development and for postgraduate study of Nursing, which can pave way to achieve M.Phil (N) & Doctoral Degree in Nursing & Post Doctoral Fellowships.
- The opportunities for a nurse are varied and limitless. A new professional nurse may choose between clinical practice, education, research, management, administration, occupational and industrial nursing.
- There is an emerging requirement of nurses in India as well as abroad. For a graduate from a good nursing Institute, opportunities are multifarious.
- There are also opportunities for them to become independent practitioners and clinical nurse specialists. A nurse’s role in future will undergo rapid changes especially in the corporate health sector. They will become career information navigators, interpreters of health related matters, decision making facilitators, managers, critical thinkers who will guide patients apart from the care given to them.